Saturday 27 May 2017

National Zoo and Aquarium Visit

Yesterday Year 3/4 had an amazing day visiting the National Zoo and Aquarium. We got to explore the brand new area of the zoo which is home to their new White Rhinos. We all went on guided tours and everyone had the opportunity to feed or hold some of the animals. We had so much fun! The keepers talked to us about the different biomes that some of the animals come from, as well as the effect that human impact has on many of the animals habitats.













What did you learn about the animals  during your Zoo adventure?

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed learning about the different biomes that the animals live in. I enjoyed feeding the tiger but his roar at the end scared me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiger scared me too Scotty, I jumped so high, I was not expecting such a big roar!

      Delete
  2. I liked learning about the Sun Bear, I learnt that they came from Malaysia. People had been poaching the Sun Bears and the sun bears mum had died, the zoo keepers in Canberra looked out for the baby and made sure that it didn’t get killed. I had already seen sun bears in Malaysia when I went on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great day we learnt lots it was amazing and I was so facinated about all the animals��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learnt that the Sun bears use to get mistreated, and a lady rescued one of the Sun bears and brought it to the Zoo. I also got to feed the tiger and learnt that there are only around 200 Siberian tigers in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt that the tigers are endanged in the wild and have a loud roar.

    ReplyDelete